Sunday, February 2, 2014

{auntie april's}

omigosh-I'm obsessed with this place. So, Auntie April literally runs this place. Yes, it's a real person.  It's pretty awesome, actually.  It's like one of those restaurants that you would see in a funny movie, where the owner just yells at people when they annoy her, gives attitude when deserved, and is super nice when she feels like it.  Neighborhood is pretty sketch (Tenderloin for those of you who are familiar) so it's probably best to go during the day, unless I've already scared you away.  

Alright, now the fun part.  So, I know that I've probably mentioned about a million times that I like crystal hot sauce, but have you ever had crystal hot sauce mixed with syrup on some chicken and waffles?? If not, you need to.  I mean, don't do it every day, but you should def try it. And while I'm on the topic of crystal--mac and cheese and crystal--also an underused combination. 
cheeseburger w/ potato salad 
So this place is kind of known for their chicken and waffles but I was pretty surprised at how good their burger was, as well as their breakfast.  Auntie April's is worth a try IF you're in the area.  It's my second favorite spot for some yummy soul food (#1 goes to Hard Knox Cafe). 





No comments:

Post a Comment