Wednesday, February 5, 2014

{mr. pollo}

This place is kind of a hole in the wall located on mission and 24th.  It's a couple of young guys who own it and I'm not joking when I say it's tiny (maybe two tables and a couple seats at the "chefs counter" if you can even call it that); call ahead if you plan to go.  Also, you should know that their menu changes pretty much daily.  Actually, it's a pretty cool spot and quite unique, except for the fact that the owner who was cooking up the food seemed like he was on something--but I could be totally wrong (I'm usually not-just saying).  It was a 4 course meal, which started off with a tasty, light salad. The second course was an arepa, which is actually the first time I was ever introduced to arepas. It was fantastic-probably my favorite part of the meal.  The third course was a fried egg over polenta, with hot sauce and peanuts and was surprisingly an amazing combination.  Last, and definitely least, was a cold, blueberry soup for dessert-wasn't feeling it.  Otherwise, this place is a fun little adventure.  Definitely not what I expected when I walked in.  By the way, it's also a BYOB restaurant if you're into that.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment