Monday, June 1, 2015

{state bird provisions}

I can't believe this was the first time I had been to State Bird Provisions - before they expanded the restaurant, it was almost impossible to get a reservation so I never really bothered trying hard enough.  Recently some friends of mine were visiting from NY and we had dinner here - sad to say that I wasn't as blown away as I thought.  There were a few dishes, however, that were delicious: the sweet corn & garlic chive short stack, aka "pancakes", pork belly, and of course the CA state bird.  


The garlic bread with burrata sounded delightful, but I'm afraid it didn't quite live up to my expectations.  I don't think this is a restaurant that I would frequent but I wouldn't be opposed to trying it again with a smaller group.  










No comments:

Post a Comment