Friday, January 24, 2014

{bar jules}



{the restaurant}
Bar Jules is a cute little spot located in Hayes Valley.  It's a pretty small space and looks like a coffee shop from the outside, which kept my expectations of the food pretty low. When the food arrived, I was blown away with how delicious it was. Each bite was filled with an immense amount of flavor.   

{the food}
The beef sirloin with cranberry beans was to die for, creamed corn tasted exactly how creamed corn should taste, and the fettuccine with chanterelle mushrooms was extremely tasty and not too heavy. I typically I stay away from pasta because it always leaves me feeling stuffed and not in a good way. This pasta wasn't heavy at all, which allowed me to enjoy each bite and walk away with a smile on my face.

{two thumbs up}
Overall, Bar Jules was a great restaurant with a great ambiance. I was seated at the chef's counter, which is always my favorite seat in the house since I get to watch the chef in action. Overall, I give this restaurant two thumbs up and would definitely go back.  

Bar Jules: 609 Hayes Street, San Francisco, CA






No comments:

Post a Comment